Terri tagged me to list my random behavior….since I’ve been called random, I don’t think this will be a problem to finish the task.
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names. (I only picked 3)
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
Somewhere, I feel I’ve done this already but I’m going to tackle it again…there’s always something new to learn, right?
- Sometimes I sleep with my eyelids partially open, so I can actually see my dreams taking place in my room. It used to freak my mom out when I was a kid.
- I’m very directionally challenged and am famous for needing exact directions. It’s not that I don’t know where I’m going, because once I start driving…I know how to get there once I see it. BUT…it’s the anxiety of getting lost that leaves me in a lurch. People don’t understand the difference and always…I mean always…tease me about being blonde.
- My first job in high school was as an overseas telephone operator, in Japan. I learned the basic numbers and phone etiquette phrases in Japanese and used the old style pull out — plug in switch board, like you would see in a re-run of Laugh In. yokurimo ichido, kudasai? -> Will you please speak more slowly? Arigato!->Thank you!
- I ended up being a bouncer at Rick Springfield’s concert, here in OKC, when his own bouncer wouldn’t keep big chested women away from the V.I.P. section. They kept getting in my way of the stage and my view, so I stood up and was like Fort Knox…no way of getting through. Once Rick started singing Jessie’s Girl, it got really heated, but I stood my ground….all 5’7″ and 129 lbs of me!
- I learned to drive in Japan, and failed my driver’s test once I came back to the states. I pulled out onto the wrong side of the highway, and the official wanted to ban me from driving. I think I scared the daylights out of him when the oncoming cars headed toward us.
- I was 1 of 3 Americans chosen to walk the runway for a nationally televised bridal fashion show in Japan. Afterwards, I had little Japanese men running after me on the streets saying, “I see you on TV.” For a 17 year old…it was pretty trippy.
- I broke my arm at 26, when training to compete in Tae Kwon Do. I was only an orange belt but they paired me with a black belt. The reasoning was b/c my legs were too long, so when I’d roundhouse kick…the other orange belts were apprehensive to partner with me. Once with the young black belt and sent him my first kick, the black belt reacted before thinking…he kicked and I blocked. He snapped my arm in two. Needless to say, I haven’t been back.
- I suffer from PTSD and although am better, still have very hazy memories from parts of my life. Friends from the good ol’ days will only have to mention something to trigger a memory for me. It’s like it’s a new memory all over again….b/c it is new to me, even though I was there back then.
Who to tag? Let’s see if the following bloggers will participate: